Spicy Chilli Chutney
½ Kilo of fresh red or green chilli (IMPORTANT: ask the green grocer what heat level of the chilli before buying it and ensure it is not too hot for your taste – they vary from birds eye -VERY HOT- down to sweet peppers – VERY MILD)
1 tsp Himalayan Salt ground
½ tsp cracked pepper
2 gloves fresh garlic crushed
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (approx.)
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (approx.)
1. Remove the stalk from the chilli – either use gloves or wash hands IMMEDIATELY when finished touching the chilli (do not touch your face or other tender tissues when cutting the chilli)
2. Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until combined and smooth, adding more olive oil or apple cider vinegar as necessary to achieve a smooth consistency.
3. Transfer from blender into glass jars, seal and place in the fridge – will last a long time kept in the fridge. Can also be frozen to be thawed and used at a later date.
Good as an accompaniment to any dish to add some spice and flavor. You can cook with it also. Enjoy!
BALSAMIC DELIGHT SALAD DRESSING
¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
¼ cup of organic apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
1 cup of australian extra virgin olive oil (organic is best)
1 tspn ground Himalayan salt
½ tspn cracked pepper
2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
1. Combine all ingredients in a jar and stir vigorously with a spoon to mix ingredients well.
2. Close cap and shake jar each time before use.
3. Apply to salads as desired.