Angela’s “Good for You” Tahini Bliss Balls
1 Cup of nut meal (ie. Almond meal, hazelnut meal or a mix of a few)
½ Cup desiccated coconut
4 Tablespoons black tahini
1/3 Cup rice bran syrup (100g)
1 tbsp vanilla bean paste or pure extract
2 tsp spirulina powder (optional)
White sesame seeds for rolling
1. Mix all ingredients, except white sesame seeds, together in a bowl. The mix should be dry enough to handle but moist enough that it will not crumble when pressed together
2. Using your hands, roll mixture into twelve small balls.
3. Roll balls in a layer of white sesame seeds, and press the seeds in once more by rolling the balls in your hands.
• Black tahini is 100% ground black sesame seeds and an be found at most health food stores
• Using rice bran syrup for the sweetness keeps it fructose free and safe for those with fructose malabsorption
• Don’t be afraid of the spirulina, it does not impact the taste of the balls whatsoever
• You can play around with using a little less nut meal and including unflavored protein powder to increase protein content