If you've experienced tummy upsets, pain, bloating, wind, heartburn, constipation or diarrhea and have tried everything to fix it with no success? Than this episode is for you! In this episode Angela reveals the common causative factor in over 86% of IBS cases.. SIBO - also know as Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, where the small intestine becomes overrun with bacteria (good and bad) which can cause all the classic IBS digestive symptoms as well as systemic conditions such as fibromyalgia, fatigue, brain fog and much more.
Angela explains how SIBO occurs, key signs to know if you have SIBO, how to test for it and how to treat it naturally so that you can resolve all these symptoms and truely return to the complete health you were designed for.
Show notes and resources
- In depth look at SIBO (Causes, Treatments, Diet Download + more)
- www.sibotest.com - Angela’s preferred lab for SIBO testing in Australia
- www.siboinfo.com - Lots of great SIBO information here on Dr. Allison Siebecker's website
- www.anewibssolution.com - Dr. Mark Pimentel's (Director of the Gastrointestinal Motility Program at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center) website and information on his book "A New IBS Solution"
3 Take Away Keys
- If you suffer from IBS, have recently or previously had a gut infection or had chronic antibiotic use it is best to get tested for SIBO
- If SIBO is positive - need to restrict fermentable foods (Prebiotics): starches, fibers, grains, sugars, fruit and dairy for a period of time (in consult with your praccy)
- Look into natural treatment: Herbal Antimicrobials, Biofilm Disruptors, Prokinetics, Probiotics, Nutrient Replenishing
This show is about you, the listener, so get involved and send us your feedback, questions and topic suggestions in the comments section below or by emailing email@example.com.
If you would like to book a Skype or in-clinic appointment with Angela CLICK HERE
As always, to get a brand new episode of this podcast delivered straight to your desktop computer or mobile device each week, click the Subscribe button below.
Please note: The information given in this podcast is for informational purposes only it is not intended as personal medical advise or treatment. We recommend that you seek advise from a licensed health care professional for your own personal circumstances before applying any new treatments discussed in this podcast.