If you have IBS there is a good chance you've heard of the Low FODMAP diet. But what does it really entail? Which foods are allowed and what is the ultimate purpose of doing this diet?
In this episode Angela answers all these questions and more, giving us a complete overview of the Low FODMAP diet, the goal of this treatment, as well as the next steps, such as SIBO and IgG food intolerance testing, beyond the Low FODMAP diet if you are not getting the results you are looking for.
Angela also shares with us her vision for the upcoming year and the exciting new expansion planned for the podcast to begin creating a larger platform of outstanding health resources as we develop a community of like minded people! So stay tuned for the roll out of these exciting changes!
Show notes & Resources
- Sue Shepherd's website (co-founder of the low FODMAP diet)
- Monash University - FODMAP diet list
- Low FODMAP diet app (developed my Monash University)
- SIBO Podcast Episodes #5 & #6 - Jump back to this 2 part series which gives you a full understanding of what SIBO is, how it is so closely linked to IBS and how to effectively treat it.
- More SIBO Information
- SIBO diet app (A combination of Low FODMAP and SCD diet)